Sunday, April 05, 2009

Balconies and bougainvillea


Cartagena old town is about balconies and bougainvillea. This is what I expect from the caribbean. The old town of Cartagena is also one of the most beautiful places I have been. My friend Pekka was right and I don't regret coming here. Bocagrande, the place where my hotel is, is another story. I wouldn't know whether I'm in Miami Beach or here, except that Bocagrande doesn't have art deco.

This is also one of the safest places in Colombia. First of all, the old town is full of people.

I am staying in Bocagrande, which is about three minute taxi ride away from the old town. The hotel Capillar del Mar is nothing special but the staff is friendly and it is situated across the street from the beach. My balcony, however, is not towards the ocean but towards Bahia de Cartagena.
(How can I photoshop the helicopter blades off of the girl's head).
Finns, if you are planning a holiday in the Caribbean, consider Cartagena, Colombia! Where else a beer in the minibar costs 0.75 euros?

No comments: