Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bangkok Rain, Mekong?!?


I listened to the The Cult's Bangkok Rain and The Refreshments' Mekong on the way here. "Bangkok's rain keeps on falling down" or "Bangkok's pissing rain" which one's closer? At this time of the year it rains, at least once a day. Every guide book from Bangkok shows a picture of the Floating Market . However, the guide book I bought from Akateeminen Kirjakauppa tells that the floating markets in Bangkok are not as "good" as the floating market 100 kms outside of Bangkok... I have been here many times but I have never visited the Floating Market. Apparently all pictures of the floating market have been taken on Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Tomorrow I will go to the weekend market J.J or Chatuchak market. I have been there before, but I'd like to see the inhuman animal market again... Maybe on Monday I will take a taxi to the Floating Market.
I haven't been to Far East Asia for a long time. After I landed I noticed that this is one of my favourite places. The food doesn't cost anything and it's delicious. Today I ate twice and both dishes cost less than 3 euros and both dishes were delicicous.
I have been here at least 5 times. 2 times I stayed in Siam City Hotel. Not bad. The best thing about Siam City is that it's close to the MTR station. So it's easy to get everywhere. I have also stayed in Amari Watergate Hotel. The best thing about Amari Watergate is that it's close to Pantip Plaza. It's a little bit futher away from the WTR but still within a walking distance. However it's practically on top of the Pratunam Market so if you're into cheap clothing, this is the place to stay. 50 euros/night is not much for a luxury hotel.
So tomorrow I will go to Chatuchak and on Monday to Floating market. How much do you think that a taxi to Floating market will cost?

No comments: