Saturday, October 25, 2008

SIM or not SIM

For many years I managed with my corporate Sonera SIM-card. Eventually I noticed that the Internet access at the hotels costs too much. If you buy a flat-rate SIM with unlimited internet-access, you will save a lot of money. As I checked in to Amari Watergate, the receptionist asked if I want to take the Internet as well. The Internet Access would've have cost tens of dollars for the week. I bought a prepaid SIM for 6 euros a week with unlimited access. It's EDGE but still it's cheaper than the hotel's deal. I think it's aboout time that the hotels will have a look at the prices the mobile operators are charging. This is the second place where the mobile, wireless access, is cheaper than the WiFi access in the hotel room. If you happen to be in Bangkok, I recommend .DTAC SIM card with around 6 euros/week for unlimited Internet access over EDGE.

No comments: